Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Eataly - a must go food destination in NYC

Eataly was open in 2010 and has already become a New York institution and a must go destination for Italian gastronomy lovers. It is a big complex, with 50000 square feet (4645.152 m²) and it offers the best Italy has in terms of gastronomy. It still amazes me how much influence Italy has had on New York...I think the city has received more influence from Italy than  from England (what are the cappuccinos in this city??? delicious!!!). The celebrated chef Mario Batali is one of the owners of the complex. It seems he has the Midas touch in New York City. His restaurants are among the most famous eateries in town (OTTO, Babbo, Del Posto, Lupa, Carnevino, Bar Jamon...).

As soon as I found out I was moving to New York, one of my best friends sent me an article about Eataly :) I was very looking forward to having the Eataly experience. And I keep coming back for more :) The ice cream is one of the best I have ever had in my life :) You will also find books and houseware stuff on sale + 6 different restaurants inside.
There is a beer garden on the roof deck (Birreria) - the beer is brewed there! Can't wait to become an habitue this spring/summer :)









Eataly @ 200 5th Avenue New York, NY

2 comments:

  1. looks like a great place to enjoy the pleasure of eating!! hahaha love italian pizza, gelatos, panna cotas, pastas.. yummy!!! <3

    xxx
    best friends advices are the best, aren´t they?!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maroca, can't wait to take you there :):):) thank you so much dear friend for your support and kind words!!!!! Means a lot to me!!!!! <3
    Should take your advice on yoga too!!!!! lol :)

    ReplyDelete